As the world of social media continues to evolve, businesses large and small are creating Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts to promote their company. Frank N. Magid and Associates Inc. conducted research on how individuals interact with companies on social media sites and the significance of “liking” a brand on Facebook. Some key takeaways?
- Facebook users who follow businesses tend to be females ages 25-44
- Male Facebook users ages 55-64 tend not to follow companies on Facebook
- More than half of social media fans already love the brand that they “like”
- Engagement with brands on social media drives web site traffic
- Half of Facebook users don’t see the value of following companies on social media
So what does this mean for using social media to promote your business? Even though not every Facebook user interacts with businesses via social media doesn’t mean businesses are not seen by those users on social media sites. As social media continues to grow, sites like Facebook will continue to be more business oriented. To find out more about user preferences for engaging with social media, check out our graphic below!