2011 has come to an end and that has left many wondering where 2012 will take us. One thing we do know is consumers will continue to use their mobile devices to access just about anything on the go. This will result in the continual growth of mobile social marketing.
How HUGE was mobile this year? Here are some 2011 stats from Mobile Marketer:
- 166 percent increase in Facebook Mobile users in the first half of 2011
- 103 million wireless tweets were posted each day
- One billion foursquare check-ins
- Mobile advertising will generate $1.23 billion in the United States in 2011
- Mobile advertising in the United States to reach $4.4 billion by 2015
- More smartphones bought in the United States than PCs
- More wireless subscriptions in the United States than people
- Two billion networked devices by 2015
- Six carriers rolled out 4G services in 2011
These stats should not be shocking. Great marketing today must mean your consumers can get what they want wherever they want. This includes anything from coupons to customer service. What does this mean to you? If you have not already jumped on the mobile social marketing bandwagon, you probably should. For tips on how to use mobile social marketing successfully, check out ‘What are the three keys to effective mobile social marketing?’ by Lauren Johnson
What are your plans for 2012 mobile marketing? Tell us in the comments.